Vassallo Builders, part of Vassallo Group, is seeking to recruit a Storekeeper. The company has been a key factor to the organization’s longstanding success since the beginning. Over the years, Vassallo Builders has focused on bringing together design, building, construction, waste management, as well as scaffolding, and today represents one of the Island’s strongest centre for fresh ideas, unparalleled standards and continuous innovation.
Due to continued expansion of the Company’s operations, we are currently seeking a:
Reporting directly to the Group Procurement Manager, in this role you will be responsible for the receiving and issuing of stock, tools, and plant within the outlined Company Policies and Procedures and ensure the smooth running of the operation at stores, to ensure an uninterrupted service to the supply chain and its various stakeholders.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and Issuing of material and/or tools from and to suppliers and/or locations.
- Load and unload various materials, tools and plant and make use of the necessary material handling equipment and/or supervise and assist during such processes.
- Planning in advance and seek the assistance of the Plant Supervisor where necessary to assist in the organizing of the stores area, unloading and/or shifting of goods being either tools, plant and/or stocked items.
- Keeping adequate accessibility to storage area and upkeep and maintain such areas including exterior year and any other locations where goods are stored.
- Placing unloaded materials, tools, and plant in assigned storage locations in a proper and adequate manner so as not to create hazard to employees and other third parties, or possible damage to such goods or deterioration of material.
- Managing storage space to obtain the maximum benefit from such areas whilst ensuring that material is stored within the safe load capacity ratings of racking, shelves, bins and other storage equipment.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of this post may be assigned from time to time.
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- A minimum of Ordinary level of education.
- Good working knowledge of the Maltese language is a must.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be considered an asset.
- Good Organizational and Communication skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team, including the ability to respond to the needs of team members and provide assistance when and as required.
- Flexible in approach to work commitments at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you! If interested, kindly send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.