CareMalta Group is Malta’s market leader in providing quality services in nursing and residential elderly care, specialised dementia care, operates and manages residential facilities for persons with disability including respite services as well as taking care of persons with intellectual disabilities. Being leaders in the care sector since 1993, CareMalta Group today cares for over 1,700 clients and employs a workforce of over 1,300 highly dedicated and well-trained personnel.
Due to continued expansion of the Company’s operations, we are currently seeking a:
- Provide residents with therapeutic care, following patient-centered principles.
- Encourage residents to maintain independence in all aspects of daily living, with special emphasis on functionability.
- Undertake comprehensive assessments to identify achievable goals aligned with treatment plans that promote independence in active aging.
- Assess residents to mitigate the consequences of disability and deteriorating conditions from illness.
- Ensure that treatment plans consider the biopsychosocial well-being of residents.
Treatment Planning and Implementation:
- Develop modalities to implement treatment plans, evaluating their effectiveness of care plans
- Focus caret plans on determining the outcome of therapy provision.
- Practice in accordance with evidence-based methods.
Assistive Aids and Communication:
- Follow up on assessment outcomes, including recommendations for assistive aids.
- Safely use rehabilitative equipment to promote residents’ independence.
- Maintain computer literacy for report formulation, updates, and record keeping.
- Communicate effectively with residents, relatives, and staff through verbal and written reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Excellent communication abilities, both verbal and written.
- Registered with the Council for the Professions Complementary to Medicine.
- Proficiency in English and Maltese Language will be considered as an asset.